Tuesday, April 21, 2009

How Could I Forget Daddy-Daughter Date Night?!?

I told you I was tired yesterday! How the heck could I have forgotten to include Jeff's date night with Avery?!? So Thursday night he decided to take Avery out on a date. After all, she'd only been asking to go on another one for the past 3-4 months. I went and got her and brought her home to get all cutesied up. Yes, that is a word!! He was getting all cute himself and getting her treats. He says that if he doesn't teach her how a man is supposed to treat her on dates then how else will she know not to settle for less than what she deserves?? My goodness, have I mentioned how much I love this man??
So he comes up and rings the doorbell and greets her with the cutest flower! She was so excited that it was tangible. They went to the Movie Tavern to watch Monsters vs. Aliens. They ate pizza and nachos (huge treat for her). She was still on cloud 9 when they got home...so was her daddy. I am so happy that her father cares for her so much and he tries everyday to communicate that to her in more ways than one. I pray daily that she never settles for anything less than what God wants for her. Thank goodness Jeff is doing what he can to model that for her.

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome! You definitely have a blessed family! We have a Movie Tavern behind our house but haven't ever gone because we weren't too sure if the food would be good....I guess I could send Ben on a date with Annalisa to find out for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I can't believe how much she's grown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food is good. The pizzas are great and so is the popcorn...at ours at least. ;) But yeah, send him first. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...I've got the sweetest cousin ever!

    ReplyDelete