Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Reunion Weekend

On July 18th, Mom and I left early that morning to drive to Shreveport. I had a couple of reunions to attend, and she had a baby shower to host. First thing on my agenda was to drive by mine and Jeff's first house. We got a house in Broadmoor and absolutely loved it. It was built in 1960. There are several things still there that we changed....the red door, the green (although much lighter) shutters and the trees on the side of the house that are much larger. My goodness how that took me back. That was before we even had kids!! Isn't it funny that after I left I just dropped in a furniture store and ran into my 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Byers?! It was such a cute house that we worked so much one. Sigh


135 Bruce Ave., Shreveport, LA

Now onto my first reunion. Both of my reunions this weekend were because of facebook. My first cousin, Tiffany, is a year older than me. We had lost touch over the years...my phone that had her number in it years ago got dropped in water and I couldn't remember her married name. So it had been 9 years since we had seen each other last. We started corresponding on fb and texts a few times. Her oldest daughter, Meghan, was our flower girl when she was like 3 or so. Now she is about to be a FRESHMAN!!! Oh how old I feel. So anyways, we met at a great little sandwich place and had the best time. I don't think we stopped hugging each other in the parking lot for at least a minute...in the July heat!! We seriously talked for over 2 1/2 hours! LOL It was so great seeing her and being with her again. Just like true friends/family, we just picked right up where we left off last time. That meeting was such an answer to prayer for me. :)

Macy, me and Meghan

My gorgeous cousin, Tiffany

Then for the last reunion of the night. I got together with my Phi Mu sorority sisters from Northeast. About 70 of us or so have found each other on fb. Instead of saying over and over, "we need to get together," I decided to pick a weekend. I picked a weekend back in May to make it easier for us to plan around it. There were about 30 of us there! And about 5 of us were from DFW....sad that it took us going to Shreveport to get together. LOL Oh my goodness I had such a great time. It was amazing how fantastic everyone looked. Talk about picking up where we left off. But my goodness most of us were so different...moms, married, etc. It was so much fun seeing everyone. There were more of us from my pledge class than any other. This will definitely be an annual thing that we do for sure. There were so many from Monroe that didn't get to make it because of vacations. But I am so glad that we were able to do it.
This weekend I experienced one of my firsts. I actually lost my voice from talking so much! LOL Seriously, I did! I talked with mom the entire trip over to Shreveport that morning. Then the 2-3 hours with Tiffany. Then there was the 5-6 hours that night with my sisters. Then I had the ride back home with Mom. I couldn't talk the next 3 days!!! I guess there is a first for everything.


Sandy, my pledge mom, and Ashley


Raygan, my last college roommate


Kristin, Sarah & Jennifer Kinnard


Jennifer Roach, my first college roommate


Cammie

No comments:

Post a Comment