Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Kindergarten Eve

Where to begin this one.....
Where have the years gone?? Avery, my oldest baby, starts kindergarten tomorrow. She is embarking on a new journey in her life. I'm so very excited for her but oh how this hurts my heart. It hurts because time has gone by so quickly. It has been such a blessing to raise her the past 5 1/2 years. She has already taught me so much. She has such a sweet, sweet spirit. She is so very generous. She is so joyous and encouraging. I could go on and on all night. I'm apparently trying to stall this as much as I can. If you notice the time of the post, it's almost midnight. Normally on a week night, I'm in bed by 10:00! I'm not even the least bit sleepy. I've made the muffin mix and put them in the fridge to put in the tins tomorrow morning, I've ironed her jumper, I'm washing a load of whites with her blouses and I made the tuna fish for her sandwich tomorrow. **sigh** The one thing that I can't prepare tonight is how her first day will go. I'm so excited for her. God has given me so many things to show me that this is where He wants her...and I'm so thankful for that. Jeff and I are so excited for her to get home and tell us all about her day. You know us, we're having everyone over tomorrow night for dinner. Avery picked out Sloppy Joes and Lemon Squares for her dinner and dessert. So, I guess there is nothing else left for me to do tonight.....


December 2008, 5 years old


December 2009


What a Rockstar, January 2009


My gorgeous baby, August 2009, 5 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment