Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy 89th Birthday, Pappaw!!

I can't believe that I forgot to put this in here last week!! Well, I guess I know where my mind was...my hubby leaving me the next week. But while we were down in Many for Memorial Day Weekend, we threw Pappaw his birthday party on Sunday, one day early. He's lived with Jeff's parents for the last 3 years until the last month or two. He took a turn for the worse pretty quickly when he got pneumonia and hasn't been the same since. He's now in a nursing home in Many (his home-town for over 20 years). Almost everyone in the family was there...all but Jeff. It was so great to have so many generations of Trohas there together. Pappaw had 5 pieces of cake and 3 scoops of ice cream! Guess he was hungry. I'm so blessed to have known Pappaw for 17 years now. I always loved it when he would call me his doll...quite the charmer ~ when he wants to be. :) We miss you Dottie!

What a sharp-looking Pappaw!
Me and the girls with Pappaw

Tracie & Aunt Debra

Aunt Deb, Uncle Gary, Dad, Colin & Pappaw
Izzy & Kendall

What a great family pic of Renee, Gabe & Izzy (on the 3rd try LOL)

Uncle Joe & Jason

Megan, Uncle Joe & Aunt Carole

Pappaw with all the kids

Pappaw with all the grandkids...except Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment